Can Invisalign Be Your Way to Straighter Teeth?
I see lots of adults who wish they had straighter teeth. Some are sure that it’s too late. Actually, today adults make up nearly half of orthodontic patients. New developments like Invisalign, an alternative to braces, make the process much more comfortable.
Adults have varied reasons for deciding to straighten their teeth. Some feel they can finally afford braces, others see the professional benefit of improving their smile, and a growing number are becoming aware of the health benefits of straight teeth:
- Healthier Gums – Invisalign® aligners are removable so patients can brush and floss normally which can help prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay. Research has shown that gingival health may improve during Invisalign treatment.
- Easier Cleanings – The chances of having plaque retention, tooth decay and periodontal disease can be reduced with
properly positioned teeth.
- Less Stress – Properly aligned teeth are less stressful on the supporting bone and provide better function. Invisalign
offers an alternative to aggressive, restorative solutions for orthodontic problems.
Invisalign is the newest option
Invisalign aligners, sometimes called “invisible ” braces, are virtually invisible and very comfortable. These clear, removable, transparent aligners move the teeth to a particular position and are changed every two weeks until the ideal placement is achieved. They can be maintained with proper home care and, without wires or brackets to replace, require less time in the dental chair. Invisalign is most effective in treating mild cases of overcrowding and gaps between teeth. Invisalign would not be the best option for fixing severely overcrowded teeth.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Unlike regular braces, these aligners can be removed at any time and are almost entirely invisible.
- Not only can you eat or drink what you please, but you can also brush and floss without an issue.
- Without the need for adjustments, or the presence of cutting metal, Invisalign offers both comfort and less time spent at the dentist.
If you’ve always dreamed of a straighter smile but don’t want the hassle of braces, Invisalign might be the right option for you. Schedule a consultation with your dentist to find out if Invisalign is appropriate for your case.
Remember, healthy teeth make a healthy smile!
Dr. Nishan Halim
Invisalign is now available. Our team is proud to offer it to those patients for whom it may be the perfect solution to a fabulous smile! Don’t wait.
Nishan Halim, DMD specializes in adult and pediatric restorative and cosmetic dentistry, as well as preventive dentistry, which is at the heart of this Capitol Hill, Washington DC neighborhood dental center. If you want to straighten teeth, contact Dr. Halim to schedule an appointment and find out which option is best for your situation.